Thursday, March 10, 2016

Racing Character Prepro WIP 1

Along with the car that I am modeling for my racing level- I will also be modeling a character for players to chose!

First I did some exploratory concept sketches along with a butt load of research into African and Native American clothing/art. I really wanted to have the animal mask as the signature statement  for my character. The level is a volcanic boneyard. So, naturally the character follows that.
Here are some refined concept sketches.

I chose the clothing from the leftmost- but decided that the skull seemed more intimidating than that native mask I designed. 

Since the guidelines insisted having the character fully covered head to toe ( no loose clothing either), that didn't leave me much room to make this character witch doctor-esque like I originally planned. I decided to make her clothing much more streamlined which I think is for the best. I want her to look clean, quick, and badass with an African flair. The animal skull is inspired from a Muntjac and African gazelle.

After concepts, I did my value studies. These were the bottom three. 
Then color study! This is the winner. Did an overlay color layer on top of my value studies to get some nice color. Keeping it nice and loose for any revisions. 






No comments:

Post a Comment