Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Smashing Pottery

 Time for some exploding destructibles! To recap- my level is a a volcanic bone wasteland modeled inspired by the cliffs in Namibia and some of my favorite racing levels as a kid (Kirby Air Ride and Diddy Kong Racing). Since the environment is has little resources besides the bones left from the past giants and the volcanic cliffs- I've decided to make smashing pottery explosions! This pottery was made from the volcanic soil and heated into shapes. So, unlike other more industrial games with exploding barrels and boxes- this will be much more organic looking. But that said the pottery will explode when collided with the player's car! They're bombs waiting to blow off!

Here are some of my visual targets and inspiration:


Vase Pottery by Mark Smalley 

 



Porous Volcanic Glazing



Some Pottery breaking:



And explosions!



My concept sketches:



No comments:

Post a Comment